Tuesday 21 October 2014

Software and Equipment

The main piece of software that I will be using when completing the editing of my music video is premiere pro CS6. This is a new piece of software that I will be using this year, as even though I have used it a couple of times in previous years, I have mainly used InDesign and Photoshop as the previous coursework that I have had to produce was print based. However, I have been using the software when preparing work for the exam, such as the analysis of Katy Perry's This Is How We Do in terms of narrative theory and seem to have the basics in terms of altering sound and adding text.




When filming the music video, I will be using the Canon 550d camera. I am familiar with these cameras as I  have been using them since Year 10. Since I began using these cameras I have developed a better knowledge in terms of how to use them and the different settings there are such as how to change the field of depth. When using these cameras in a studio, I use studio lights to better the quality of the shots.
 
 
 
In terms of lighting there are freestanding lights that my school have that I can adjust and move around when filming my video. Being able to position where I want them to be is beneficial to me as there is a possibility of bad lighting in certain locations and I will be aided with this issue by using the freestanding studio lighting. For example, in the drama studio at school it is likely that studio lighting would need to be used due to how dark the room is.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When completing the ancillary tasks that go alongside the main video, I will most likely use either Photoshop or InDesign due to both tasks being print based. I am extremely familiar with both pieces of software as these were the main tools that I used when producing my coursework in previous years. There are various settings that I can use with my production such as editing the saturation and light levels in a picture, or importing new fonts to use on the promotional poster for a CD or music tour. I believe that these tasks will be fairly simple to make once I have an idea of what I wish to produce due to my familiarity with the software.

No comments:

Post a Comment