Thursday 23 October 2014

Half Term and Research Tasks

Production Diary #8

This week I have been concentrating on trying to finish the research tasks in order for me to properly start the planning tasks over the October half term. Today at school, we did a lot of research into one of the Ancillary Tasks that I have to complete as part of the coursework: the magazine advert. The magazine advert will be an advertisement for the album that the song is featured on. We looked at what was successful and what was not so successful over the past few years. Some features that our teacher said would be successful are: the font, design, technique used, and hierarchy.

Two tasks that I have completed this week are the research into the software and equipment that I am and will be using in the process of producing my music video and the tasks that go along with it, and also the research into my audience. Both of these tasks have been beneficial to the process of carrying out research as by looking into the equipment and software I will be using will help me keep a clear and structured plan of what I need to do and what I need to use to be able to carry the task out. Also, by looking into the demographic that fits with the music video will help me get an idea of what style I need to use such as colours, props and costumes. It would not be suitable for me to use bright colours such as yellow, oranges and pinks as it would not fit in with the Pop.Rock genre. When researching other videos by Maroon 5, the lighting is quite dark and the actors and actresses featured darker coloured clothing.

Over the October half term, I am hoping to start filming my music video. Today I signed out a camera for this purpose and also a steadicam in order to start the process of filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment