Tuesday 3 February 2015

Filming and Refining Blog

Production Diary #15

On Thursday 29th January (last week), I booked the black box at school in order to get some footage for my music magazine. I had gone back to my original idea of filming inside due to the weather conditions - it was windy and there was a lot of hail, also it was freezing cold. My plan for the music video was formed in 5 minutes a couple of days before and consisted of ten bullet points in the notes app on my iPhone. I had decided that I wanted to keep the music video very minimalistic, so decided that the black box would be appropriate in making sure the music video was not overly crowded. On the Monday, I went to a low budget shop to buy a black sketchbook that I would pass of as a scrapbook in which the 'story in the video would be formed. I wanted the main prop within the video to be lots of photos, which I had developed a while ago and had yet to put up so decided that this would be the perfect use for them.

When it came to filming the music video on the Thursday after school, I set up the lighting so that two of the lights would light the model in the centre of the room, but then there would be a third light at the back to brighten up the background. Also, I initially had her sat on the ground so had to have the lights pointing down at a 45 degree angle approximately, however I needed to make sure that if I did alternate between various levels in which she would stand, I would also have to adjust the angle of the lighting to produce a high picture quality. I did struggle at first as some of the footage did go out of focus and I had not realised, so I will need to re-film some parts. (For this I have re-booked the black box for Thursday 5th in order to re-film.) Overall, I am quite pleased with how the footage has turned out and I am hoping that when I put it together the theme of the character going on a journey and this idea of a story being told will come across when it is being watched - this will become evident when I gain audience feedback for my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment