Thursday 19 March 2015

Filming, Footage and Final Draft

Production Diary #16

On the 5th February, I booked the black box studio again to shoot some more footage for my music video. To be prepared, my teacher is expecting us to have a final draft of the music video finished by the time we come back from the February Half Term. I had hit a creative block, however, I was quite happy and pleased with the way things had turned out, now I just need to wait and see how the footage turns out when I edit it together using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 this week in class. Also this week I have been updating my blog and making some adjustments to posts that I have previously updated. For example, the analysis of the ancillary tasks is a very important research task and carries a tariff of 4, however, the first time I did the task I got a 2 due to the lack of detail to my work.

I have also managed to put together most of the footage for my music video, however I do still have about 15 seconds left to fill. I did find that the editing of the video was easier than the actual filming as the footage that I had filmed went together quite well. I did also get some feedback from my media teacher who said that some of the shots that I had got were too long, however I broke some of the shots up and flipped them so it looked like they were filmed from different angles, which I feel reflects the frantic nature of the song as it picks up in the chorus.

I am planning to film the last 15 seconds of footage over the next week by incorporating a map and the lyric cards in as my teacher did say that as they were only in the first minute of the video, they did seem a bit random so I should try and get them in at some other point in the music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment