Thursday 18 September 2014

Videos I Admire

There are many music videos by various artists from different genres and styles of music that I enjoy to watch. However, there are particular songs and videos that I admire for many different reasons, and here are a few:



This is the video for 'A Thousand Years' by Christina Perri. What I admire and enjoy about this video is the simplicity of the video with the thousands of tealight candles and the lighting that has been used. I believe that this video will influence the style of video I decide to film as I would also like to create a minimalistic video with a small number of props. One of the songs on my shortlist; Maps, is different to this video in terms of the pace and tempo of the backing track, however I believe that the key prop that I would use would be a map, and that is all as I believe that I would solely use this to portray the message I wish to convey.



This is the video for 'Beating Heart' by Ellie Goulding. What I admire and enjoy about this video is the choice of camera movement, shots and the darker lighting used. I like the idea of the character in the video being tracked by the camera which I believe would fit with both of the songs that I am considering. For 'Fix You' by Coldplay, the key lyric I would play on would be 'lights will guide you home' so the tracking movement of the camera will help convey the idea of someone being gudied home. However, in 'Maps' by Maroon 5, The quick tracking and movement of the camera will help portray the urgency to find their way back to where they want to be.



This is the video for 'Broken' by Lifehouse. What I admire and enjoy about this video is the strong narrative and story basis that the video is made up of. In terms of the visual imagery that is used, this is the sort of thing that I would like to use for my music video that I will be filming. One feature that I like is the location that the video is shot in and the way that the camera tracks the protagonist in the video. Even though the song that I have chosen has a more upbeat tempo compared to this song, I believe that a narrative would work well due to the lyrics as I believe that it would be easier to create images that are relatable for the audience, but also so that the video fits the lyrics of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment