Monday 30 June 2014

Research into Music Labels


By carrying out research into various music labels that currently exist, but also have been shut down, benefits me when it comes to carrying out the research and staging processes of my coursework as I have found it interesting how the workings of the different companies differs, for example, The Universal Music Group features more of the rock artists such as Maroon 5 and Bastille, therefore producing edgier music videos and songs which have a strong tempo featured throughout, whereas Sony Music have more pop artists such as Justin Bieber and One Direction therefore the music videos have more typical pop video conventions such as brighter colours and more structured and routine heavy videos. This has helped me develop ideas from both genres that could potentially influence the style of my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment